Blogpost Week 3
--What did we do this week?--
This week our game went into the production phase! So we had a lot of planning to do and didn’t have much time to work on the game itself. We were finally able to start a fresh unity project and throw all our messy code that we wrote the past couple of weeks away.
- We made a sprint planning, planning out all tasks we want to accomplish for the next coming weeks.
- We converted all those tasks into hacknplan and started assigning them
- Started a fresh unity project, with a better folder structure
- Started implementing a new movement system using force instead of velocity
- Finetuning some physics parameters to make the game feel less "floaty"
- We added 4 player controller support! So now you can enjoy the game with 4 players
- Reimplemented the attack so it works correctly when the other player is moving
- Started implementing a gameplay manager that takes care of the player stats/ spawning
- Added some finished assets to make the game look better!
Our planning for next week
- Start working on the GameplayManager
- Create the cart that drives around and drops items
- Start to create the Main menu and UI, not aiming to finish this, just start working on it
- Start working on items (waterballoons, beachball)
- Make art for the props in the level and finishing the ones already in the level
- Creating a shark for the death animation
- Making some animations for the characters
Get [group 14] SPANK 'N SPLASH
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.